View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #12
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman

LSBA Region: 77

Bear, I have been the same as you on the 3-d game. Try and find someone that shoots 3-d and go with them. They will be able to explain some of the rules to you, although there is not much to it after you have done it a couple time. The first time I went out, I did not have any clue on what class I was to shoot. I was told that with my equipment, I would have to shoot the bowhunter class, so I did. Then I had no idea what stakes to shoot from. Was told to shoot from the white stakes, but there were 2 sets and at different distance. Learned later that one of the whites was for trad shooters. Now after I have done it a couple times, I have found out that I can shoot in the novice class, because I suck at shooting 3-d. David has taken away the multiple color stakes with the LSBA 3-d so that has become easier also. There are a lot of people that shoot 3-d that are very serious about it and can make a beginner loose intrest fast, but then you have a lot that go out and want to have fun (like me) and will help you along the way. David (nothingbuttwelves) has a great 3-d season set up for next year, and I hope to be able to play more. Bob