View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #8
TradAg02

Why I go to shoots:
- Consistency – While each club has its own character you need to provide some consistency in the manner in which each shoot is run.
- Two-day events – While I understand this places more strain on management, it provides more flexibility for the participants. In my opinion California on Saturday and shotgun on Sunday creates the most flexibility.
- Cash payouts – The largest shoots offer cash payouts. With climbing gas prices, I would personally consider traveling further if I thought there was a potential to recoup some of my expenses.
- Top Competitors – These days the only way that I personally will travel away from the Houston area is to face stiffer competition. In my opinion the way to bring in stiffer competition is to increase the prestige of the tournament.

Additional Comments:
Emphasis on youth & new shooters – I believe that as the state bow hunting organization we should place an emphasis on getting the younger generation and new shooters involved.

If the LSBA is financially able we may want to consider allowing children and youth to shoot free. I also believe that we should provide trophies to each of these participants. Rather than looking at this as a cash outflow I see it as an investment in our future.

Once again if financially able we could allow individuals who are attending their first 3-D tournament to participate for free in a non-competitive class and send them home with an LSBA magazine.

I would like to reiterate Chunky’s comments that this is a volunteer organization that is currently short of volunteers. I am in another organization that meets on a weekly basis
TradAg02 is offline   Reply With Quote