View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
Chunky

Huntbunny, thanks for the input.

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I think your ideas are good....but the facts are there is not as much uppermanagement in LSBA as you think. We have no PR committee, nor Program commitee. The facts are that the business of the club is done by a few (less than a dozen) hard working volunteers. Those people do it all from the 3-D, magazine, membership, fund raisers, merchandise, hunts, kid shoots, going to Austin, awards banquet, Hall of fame, records, web page, and on and on....for the whole state!
There is enough work for 50 people or more.

We need to get more club members active. We could certainily do some sort of instructional seminars for beginners, and if we advertised it...may bring in a few people who have been wanting to come, but are intimidated about the whole tournement thing.

It would be great if a few regualar members could step up and help David out by being greeters. That is a wonderful idea, we just need someone to do it. David is so busy with making sure the course is set up, getting the money, cards out, and all the rest with the running of the event....he can't do it.

I did attend 3 of the shoots so far this year and will make the state shoot this month. I probably could have stepped up and done more, but to be honest, I didn't want to step on David's toes. He was running things and doing a good job...but in hind sight I could have been there early and welcomed people talked up the club. I don't know about the shoots outside of Houston, but several officers/ EC members attended the ones in the Houston area.

You seem well spoken, if you are going to attend most of the ones next year, how about you? Not to put any pressure on you or anything.

Buff's so deadly...filming him killed my camera!
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote