View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
takoma

Thought I would add in a little trick that I figured could help out others when it comes to almost dark hunting situations.

*** I used this this weekend at Boazmans lease with those hogs. They paid no mind to the glowing red light.

I simply purchased those THILL LIGHTS. These are small light/battery combos you can pick up at your local outdoor store or Academy outlet. I prefer the PUSH ON/SNAP BACK OFF type ( they also carry the TWIST ON/OFF type)
They are small inserts used in bobbers for nocturnal fishing. Cost all of 2bucks and some change. 20hours of continuous battery life to one thrill light.

I first removed the small top cap to my sight using the corresponding allen wrench. Taking it to my workbench, I drilled a hole the same diameter of my THILL LIGHT.

Reattach the top cap to your sight. You now can easily slip the thill light into the hole and test to ensure at what depth it looks best as it protrudes down into the middle of your fiber optic coils. Once you access this depth, use a small rubber grommet or electrical tape to act as a stop so that it sits are the proper depth and does not fall completely into your sight.

That’s all there is to it !
It defiantly helped me as the light vanishes quickly in evening hunts. Using the red THILL light it will SUPER glow your RED fiber dot on the sight, turn the GREEN fiber dot yellow, and your yellow fiber dot seems to maintain it’s color with no change.

Good luck on this easy and helpful mod !
takoma is offline   Reply With Quote