Thread: Crossbows
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #25
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

I guess my two bits worth is let crossbow shooters start the LSCBA (Lonestarcrossbowassociation) and promote hunter safety, ethics, etc. As one who opposed for 16 years the efforsts of crossbow manufacturers to shove this down our throat, I feel no need to spend our time or energy trying to educate, lazy, slob hunters who feel that they can pick up a crossbow and shoot a deer with it at 100 yards.

Crossbow ethics and limitations SHOULD BE TAUGHT BY PARKS AND WILDLIFE AS PART OF THE MANDATORY HUNTER SAFETY COURSE. That way it would eventually reach all new hunters. Besides with the promised hordes of new crossbow hunters bringing in huge buckets of new license revenues to Parks and Wildlife, they should have lots of extra money for this. Shouldn't they?? If not, perhaps the legislature who bought the arguments that this would provide so much more in the way of revenues should fund special training courses.

I think part of this discussion is whether or not LSBA should welcome crossbow shooters into the ranks of LSBA, and/or do we have a duty/burden to recruit them and teach them how to best and most ethically use their equipment. In my opinion the answer to both of those questions is no.
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote