View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #15
Chunky

I didn't take the letter as "rabel rousing". I don't mind dicussions and opinions that disagree with my own. It is unfortuate that it is done by third party, as it would be better between individuals.

While a gun is more accurate than even the best bow, no one with experience can doubt the effectiveness of archery equipment. My guess is if you put 25 random bowhunters shooting at 25 yards, vs 25 gun hunters shooting at 300 yards (as suggested as a good range)...the bowhunters would win every time....and I would back that up with cash!

The other point that is way off base is the claim that animals are running around with terrible wounds and arrows sticking out of the them to be killed by gun hunters late in the year. This is a total fabrication and anyone who hunts knows this. That is not to say that bowhunters never wound anything...hey it happens. Like all types of hunting gun included...but the deer almost always either heal, or die in the a few days. I have never, ever, seen a a deer with a arrow sticking out of it.

This is an interesting thread....and that is good.

Buff's so deadly...filming him killed my camera!
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote