View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
DZaidle

LSBA Region: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman View Post
Don, have we reached the part where the "crossbow inclusion" crowd that you were such a big part of begins to discredit/threaten bowhunting by raising questions about the effectiveness of archery weapons? I thought you were against "hunters fighting hunters"???
Well, I don't know how the crossbow thing got into this. I just thought the letter was absurd and that other bowhunters would be interested in seeing it. Why you think this somehow diminishes my opposition to "hunters fighting hunters" is beyond me. If anything, it reinforces it.

Quote:
I hope that you, of all people (being a "former bowhunter" in your own words), will defend the effectiveness of traditional & compound archery equipment if you decide to publish this rediculous letter in Texas Fish & Game...
My thinking is that publishing the letter is itself a defense of bowhunting. Give a fool enough rope, and all that.

Quote:
BTW, I didn't read the article mentioned by this guy so forgive me for having to ask but was there something published within the article that made this guy respond to it this way?
Nope. It is a straight-up how-to article about ground blinds, natural and man-made. The author of the letter just seems ignorant about bowhunting.

DZ

Last edited by DZaidle; 09-22-2009 at 07:47 AM..
DZaidle is offline   Reply With Quote