Thread: Tred Barta
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #23
LostHawg

LSBA Region: 76

The best shots will usually hold at anchor for about a 2 - 3 count.

I always try to make sure I have a solid anchor before I release, and then I focus on a smooth release. I would not consider that snap shooting.

The focus of the instinctive form of shooting is not how fast you can get rid of the arrow. I should be on how consistant you can maintain your shot.

Solid anchor, steady/locked bow arm, clean - pulled through release utilizing your shoulder muscles to pull your fingers off the string, not just letting go of the string.

Black Widow probably has the MOST reputable name and quality. There are many others of the same quality such as Bob Lee, Bear, Great Plains, Horne, Sarrels, Adcock, and 21st Century. However, what might be a good bow to one, may not quite measure up for another. That's why its recommended that you try a few different bows if that option is available to you.

I highly recommend you check out the Great Plains and Sarrels bows. Great Plains is now building the Tomahawk line of bows as well and you can see them at www.3riversarchery.com.

Make sure you get a bow light enough that you will be able to work on your form without being strained to hold the bow back. 40 - 45 pounds will do this AND be legal to hunt with once you've made the choice to do so.

Don't rule anything out till you try it.

Old coot in training
LostHawg is offline   Reply With Quote