View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #11
timhicks

I hate to hear that..this kind of crap happened to me a few years back..I was asked to trap a spot of land loaded with hogs...I took about 200 hogs off this place in 3 months,,some dandies.
I thinking the guy was local and needed help didnt ask him to sign my waiver..Boy was I wrong..I had 2 traps on a place..about 1000 dollars worth of stuff. I left for China to adot Lauren to come back after leaving the trap tied open to find the gat locked with a different lock and the wife telling me the guy had hogs in my TRAPS..I wont say what I said to the overweight lady..but told her her husban better let me in now..
A few calls to the local game wardens who had been down there with me at times getting hogs out and I had them there..they cut the lock and said they knew the property was mine..we loaded all hogs which were in poor health because of lack of water and no corn were put swiftly on my horse trailor and the warden stayed with me till I got all my traps..I was bummed,,I was mad and I was gonna be vegiant..spelling..I was mad and wanted to get even..
I didnt do that and for some reason the game warden seemed to not like the fellow who was arrested and lost all guns and a truck last year for poaching...Hmm it will all work out in the end..I stillwish I had that spot..but I dont..but will not put my traps on another place without a landowner signing off a waiver
Pro staff TimH@hawglite.com
timhicks is offline   Reply With Quote