View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 06:20 AM   #24
timhicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedassranch View Post
ok this is where I will get myself in trouble. In the video where she takes the ram she had to do the arm jerk thing & that was with a 33#. neither looked too safe. I am all for lowering the weight to 35#'s, but my son still cant pull 35. He tries hard but till I think he can safely pull & hold 30-35 I wont even let him shoot a "non game" animal. Does that make sense? I don't want an arrow w/ broadhead bouncing in a wooden ground blind. I think if he keeps trying he will be able to this coming spring or summer.
I agree to some point..but how many older adults with draw weights to heavy have you seen do the same thing..?? I work with a guy,,great guy but he is a srawny 140 pound weakling,,can barley get 60 pounds back and draws the same way..He shoots lots of animals with great shots time after time. Its more shot location. I have been at shoots and pro shops and seen the same thing hundreds of times..
Think about this,,and laugh as a new hunter I had the scrawny fellow behind me on a stalk in Laredo..I heard him grunt as we neared some javelinas only to look back at him and hes a shaking and got his bow drawn 10 yards behind me??I told him to let off...I got sterner and said LET OFF he said I cant...I got to shoot?? Now thats scary and people are in the woods like that all day long..I didnt get shot but I sure thought I was
Pro staff TimH@hawglite.com
timhicks is offline   Reply With Quote