Thread: X-bow poll
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #10
DZaidle

LSBA Region: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFF
welcome to the site and thanks for the well written post. My biggest concern is that it would have been a stepping stone law. If cross bows are legal then why not muzzle loaders. If muzzle loaders are legal then why not pistols and on and on. As far as I'm concerned I would have been embarrassed if we had not stood against this threat to bow hunting. The elitist title every one throws about does not bother me at all. I can live with that title, I have been called much worst :twisted:
Muzzleloaders, handguns, et al do not propel arrows via energy stored in a bent bow. Longbows, recurves, compounds, and crossbows do. Ergo, the aforementioned are *not* archery equipment and therefore ineligible for use during archery season. No reasoning person would think otherwise.

Elitism is fine so long as adherents do not try to impose their beliefs on the rest of us by weight of law. I eschew such efforts by anti-live-bait fishing elitists, anti-in-line muzzleloader elitists, and anti-crossbow elitists with equal disdain.

DZ
DZaidle is offline   Reply With Quote