Look forward to the upcoming details on next years.
I personally thought that Marty did a tremendous job on the auction. When it got to 9:10 without the auction having started I thought we were doomed. I've seen the auction start much earlier and with fewer items to sell and end later than we did. He really made it move and still brought in a lot of money.
We could probably give out some of the raffle items earlier. Like during dinner and that might speed it up some, but these have always run fairly late.
Someone mentioned that we might change the awards part of this. Don't know why that the people who win seem not to come anymore. I do remember some of the early banquets that I went to that Ed Foreman just read off the names in a blur and asked people to gather at the front for a group photo. Perhaps we could do that, rather than a lot of time on each. That way too we don't have to wait for each person to come up and maybe waste time because they aren't there. I really liked the slide show, both during the day and during the banquet as you could see the people with the actual harvest in the field.
I too liked the kids part and the photo contest was about the best it's been in years.
|