AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Rahr & Sons Stormcloud IPA
Rahr & Sons Brewing Company | Fort Worth, Texas USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: American IPA

ABV - 6%

IBU - 64

Noah makes the call… Tony makes the pitch… and Fritz knocks it out of the park right into the Stormcloud! This is THE IPA that I would recommend those not into all that hops to try in order to develop an appreciation for hoppy brews!! All it took was a Texas IPA to get my head wrapped around all this hoppy-deliciousness! I’ve now had the pleasure of trying this brew both from the bottle and from the tap right at the brewery on one of their tours! A topaz colored body with a good frothy head that dissipates somewhat quickly to a thin sheen and good lacing effects. Lots of citrusy hops as well as some sweet malts on the nose. Medium-bodied and extremely smooth brew with an awesomely clean finish that’s not too hoppy nor too sweet! Definitely one of the best IPAs this malt-head has tasted!! Pairs well with pheasant, quail, smoked salmon/trout, or some spicy venison.

Disclaimer: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of this beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice them to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure.
AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote