View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #70
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

Well I'm back. Happy to report we all survived the cold (it was 11 degrees Saturday morning). I think instead of the LSBA Mid-Winter Meat Hunt we ought to call it the LSBA Mid-Winter "Frozen" Meat Hunt as it was chilly. Only a small heater in the fifth wheeler that Brandon and I were in and I don't think my sleeping bag was cold rated for the room.

Fun group and we all had a good time. We ate way too much as we all chipped in on the meals. Mule deer chili, venison burgers, sausage and redfish on the half shell, and more breakfast tacos than you could eat. We also went into town for a complimentery Bar-B-Q dinner (Thanks JP) at the youth Livestock show. Based on how much trouble I had getting my belt to tighten on the camo, I think I put on weight.

As to the hunting, it was tough. They didn't move much at all Friday night, but we began seeing em starting Sat morning. Three shots were taken, including one by yours truly, but nothing went into the ice chest. We did have one late night tracking experience on Brandon's deer, but since he found his arrow the next morning and it was clean, we've about decided that the blood trail we were following was "sheep afterbirth". Now that phanom tracking experience was a new one.

Even with the lack of success, it was a great hunt and I'd be happy to hunt again with any you guys .
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote