View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #39
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

I'm bringing all my cold weather gear.

Here are some directions and other thoughts on the LSBA Mid-Winter Meat Hunt.

1. Directions – Go through Brackettville to FM 2804. Note this is just West of the town. If you are coming from Uvalde on 90, you can either go around the town on Hwy 90 or go through Brackettville which won’t take you long. You will turn right (North) on 2804. Go approximately 4-4.5 miles and you will see a street sign that says Jones on your right. The gate is on the left directly across from this. If you follow directions in #2 below there should be an LSBA banner on the gate.

2. Please do not arrive before 11:30 AM. The hunt is Noon Friday to Noon Sunday. I’ll be coming from Rockport and it’s a four and a half hour trip. I am NOT a morning person. To make it by 11-11:30 I am going to have to get up way too early. Ask anybody, I need my beauty sleep.

3. When you arrive, come through the gate and drive down the road angling to your left till you get to camp. I will try to have maps at the gate.

4. We’ll do check in, draw for stands and may take a quick tour if there’s time.

5. Don’t forget that you need to bring your sleeping bag, pillow, any special cooking gear, towels etc.

6. As I’ve said earlier there are 8 feeders with pre-established stands, but I’m also bringing a tripod and a popup just in case the wind is wrong for my stand. If you have room, you might consider doing this too.

7. That’s all I can think of. IT’S GONNA BE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote