Thread: Crossbows
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #39
bustedassranch

LSBA Region: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump1 View Post
My personal wants for TX, now dictated by the crossbow agenda, is to lobby for a new "original archery only season" during a different time frame. Recurves, long bows, and compounds with restrictions(65% let off, hand held-hand drawn and hand released. No tigers, limited to one sight pin). Will this ever happen, maybe when it snows in heck.
I guess after ticking off every legacy member along with anybody that holds any kind of position in the LSBA I mind as well continue. With words like "elitist" floating around why on earth would anyone want to continue feeding people? I would not be hunting in that "original archery only season". I started with a recurve & have moved on to a smoking fast..tons of let off compound with a trigger release.
I did have a chance to speak to a legacy member of the LSBA face to face. I asked him how he felt when compounds came out. "Oh god, I looked at it & thought what the hell is this" I asked have you shot one? "Yes, thats all I shoot now." What do you think about crossbows? "Oh god"
I found it interesting that he answered the same towards both questions & thought to myself "how long before he likes them?" I guess my point is things change. I dont agree with all of the changes. I do want the LSBA to continue to grow. If we keep acting like crossbows are a plague we will die with a plague.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pr110302hell1.jpg (45.2 KB, 15 views)
bustedassranch is offline   Reply With Quote