View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #54
River Bottom Hunter

LSBA Region: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by traildust View Post
MC...Shouldnt you be stuffin' sausage or something..What I dont understand is why you get on a BOWHUNTING site and go against the grain, I guess TTHA doesnt have a forum....You say your for ALL hunters, but you continue to push your views, while they are not anti-hunting, they impose changes to what many BOWHUNTERS have fought for many years...ie: crossbows, firearms during BOW ONLY season...Then try to use children as a crutch to convence yourself that you are right and evreyone who doesnt agree with your view is out of touch, on a sinking ship or selfish...You say the system is broken, I say your wrong...Texas has about 160K bowhunters....every year more people get into bowhunting.....The major factor that hunting may or may not be declining is because of (2) major reasons....ACCESS and COST....You could have youth season 365 days a year and it would not increase youth partisipation...Its a changing world we live in...with all the extra curricular activities kids are involved in today...some the youths want, others that the parents push there kids into....there is simply not enough time...do you think parents that dont have time to take their kids hunting in Nov & Dec are really gonna have more time in Oct...school starting, football, band, FFA, 4-H..homework.....video games...I know the "time out" generation has a hard time understanding that everyone will not make the team, sometimes YOU lose and sometimes you have to just sit in the stands...thats REAL life....Also, I have seen this personally, many times parents try to push there kids into someting that the PARENT is interested in, and kids push away....Just because you like hunting, fishing, whatever, doesnt mean your kids will...IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.....Sportsmen are doing just fine......Take Care
Very well put.
Beaman ICS Hunter Arrows
Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter Rest
www.tx3dshooters.com
www.texasbowhuntn.com
River Bottom Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote