View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
tinman

LSBA Region: 75
Default Pittsburg Hotlinks...

Smartest Boar in Texas.

I first saw this boar on opening weekend. He busted me that Saturday night and didn't give me a shot.

The very next Saturday night, I beat his nose and got a shot on him just after dark but there was something between us...

1pittsburghotlinks%20002.jpg

Well, he should've made other plans for Saturday nights. This past Saturday he came in and circled the stand trying to wind me. I sat still and waited him out. When he finally moved into feed, he was in the exact same spot he was standing when I stuck the tree but he was about 5 minutes earlier so I could still see the tree. A couple of steps later and I have my first longbow kill with my new Foley custom bow...

5tusk_pittsburghotlinks.jpg

6ldp_pittsburghotlinks.jpg

Bow is 64" NTN...

7bowback_pittsburglinks.jpg

This was the first time we'd all been at the place together since opening weekend, so I'm very thankful that he gave me the shot while I had help dragging him out of the bottoms and while I could rub it in the faces of the non-killing lease members! It was a great weekend and closing the deal on the Pineywoods Porker was just 200#s of bonus.

2fire_pittsburghotlinks.jpg
"Today there is no need to battle with the beasts of prey and little necessity to kill wild animals for food; but still the instinct persists. The love of the chase still thrills us and all the misty past echoes with the hunters call."

Saxton Pope
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote