View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
BUFF
Just Me

Default Folks are watching Us

I recieved this e-mail a little while ago. It is proof that folks out there are watching what we do and how we do it. So when you get a cool picture or video clip post it on the net. You never know how many folks may see them and give bow hunting a try.

Buff,

Watching you shoot the widow has given me the inspiration to hunt traditional. Terry Thornton here in the Jackson Ms. area owns copperhead bows and builds some incredible longbows and recurves and he is now building mine. After watching your videos I began shooting a borrowed recurve and I have fallen in love with it. I almost gave up a couple of times, but after watching you shoot from the seated position, I decided to try it. That was the key that put the bow in the correct position for me. After 4 months of struggle and one moment of it all coming together, I can now shoot well enough that I feel I can hunt and not just wound animals. I will be hunting traditional next deer season and I am excited. Last year was my first season to bow hunt and it was incredible. I was introduced to archery for the first time at the end of 2006-2007 season. I attached the pictures of my first archery harvest and it was also the first buck I have ever taken with any weapon. I also harvested 3 does as well. I will now go after them with the stick and string. The buck was 231 pounds and scored over 130. Thank you again for posting your videos, and I will send you pictures of my recurve when it is finished.
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote