Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   TPWD seeking Public Comments (Crossbow) (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2333)

BOBSTER 06-29-2009 05:28 PM

TPWD seeking Public Comments (Crossbow)

TPWD is seeking public comments once again on the crossbow and archery season, along with the laser sight. You will have up until July 21 to post your comments. Bob

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business...ow_laser.phtml

biggen 06-30-2009 10:10 AM

Wonder why?!

LostHawg 06-30-2009 12:14 PM

CYOB thing I bet...

bustedassranch 07-01-2009 12:27 PM

This was my response..I know not the crossbow lover some people think of me as...

After years of battling with the TPWD to keep crossbows out of the archery only season I still have not changed my mind. My concern is the hunters that may not know or realize the limitations on a crossbow. Many of the TPWD commissioners did not know the limitations on them, so how will the hunters? I still believe this is truly another poor decision by the law makers of Texas.
Kevin Polovina
662-889-4436

Bossbowman 07-01-2009 03:36 PM

Can someone post this as a sticky over on the texasbowhunter site, lot more eyes over there. I don't have the ability to post stickys over there but maybe someone here does.

LostHawg 07-02-2009 06:30 AM

It was over there but the few crossbow guys took it as an opportunity to ridicule those opposed. TBH shut it down. At least I couldn't find it when I went back to look later.

BAR, I never judged you to be for or against. I hope I didn't come across that way.

BOBSTER 07-02-2009 08:35 AM

You very seldom see an issue put out for public comment once the law is passed. I really think this is an oppurtunity for the bowhunters to voice their opinion again. Get this out to all bowhunters that you know. Can someone also send out to TBOT. I can bet that the crossbow shooters are letting their comments be heard. Bob

bustedassranch 07-02-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostHawg (Post 18213)
BAR, I never judged you to be for or against. I hope I didn't come across that way.

I'm just poking/funnin all is good..That was my response to them & I hope our voice is heard.

Thump1 07-02-2009 10:21 AM

Two things are at play here(jmo),

1st. Procedural order which when followed may delay the crossbow issue for one year giving us more time to reverse out of state interests.

2nd. Those at the TPWD have heard and are listening to the overwhelming complaints from the bowhunters.

In talking to the individual public lands managers around the state most of them agree with the bowhunters and if given the necessary information and public input will work to keep the crossbow out of archery season.

BOBSTER 07-02-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thump1 (Post 18219)
Two things are at play here(jmo),

1st. Procedural order which when followed may delay the crossbow issue for one year giving us more time to reverse out of state interests.

2nd. Those at the TPWD have heard and are listening to the overwhelming complaints from the bowhunters.

In talking to the individual public lands managers around the state most of them agree with the bowhunters and if given the necessary information and public input will work to keep the crossbow out of archery season.

Thump1, you are probably so right on this. I am sure that the response they get now will make a big impact on how things go. (JMO) That is why it is very critical to get this out to every bowhunter and that they reply back to the public comment. Bob

Thump1 07-18-2009 12:33 PM

Three days left.

Bob, Can the public get a copy?

BOBSTER 07-19-2009 02:33 AM

Thump, The public can get a copy by asking through the open records act. Bob

LostHawg 07-22-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPWD Comment Weblink
Regulations Required Or Made Necessary By Legislation
The online public comment period was 08:00 a.m. June 19, 2009, through 05:00 p.m. July 21, 2009.

The opportunity for comments has past. I wonder how we did...

Hot4huntin 07-22-2009 07:13 AM

Today is the TPWD Commissioners meeting. You can listen to it online. It specifically deals with these issues.

bowhunter_716 07-26-2009 05:24 PM

I would like to express my feelings towards the Passing of Use of Crossbows during Archery season. I think that it is really poor judgement. Every poll that I took and read showed clearly that a unanimous amount of voters were against this and wanted to preserve our archery season and keep it the way it was. I really believe that the only motive for this was MONEY!!! Now I have no problem with disabled or impaired people using them during archery season. I also feel that we as a country dont need issues like this that encourage hunters to argue amongst ourselves with an administration that would like nothing more than to see us tear each other apart and weaken our foothold on hunting and shooting issues. To sum things up, I will just say that i am very saddened by this decision by texas lawmakers, So I give them a big thumbs down No! correct that, how bout 2 middle fingers up!!!!!