Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Need Y'all Opinion (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3011)

bountyhunter 01-21-2011 04:22 PM

Need Y'all Opinion

1 Attachment(s)
I've been asked to come up with an arrow cresting design that will be used in the upcoming IBO Traditional World Championship in June. The only thing I was given to work with is I have to use Red, Yellow and Blue in the design and that in has to be really eye catching. So here is what my first attempt looks like and I really need your honest opinions before I show it to the archer. Thanks Derek

BOBSTER 01-21-2011 05:05 PM

Those look good, but really like the way you had them set up when you posted on the Chunkys Arrow thread. Bob

rtread 01-21-2011 06:03 PM

There's nothing wrong with that combination, Derek......they are beautiful.

BUT......if they were mine, they'd be red, white and blue.

bountyhunter 01-21-2011 07:29 PM

Thanks guys! The reason for red, yellow and blue is the guy is from Arizona and that is the colors in their flag. I'm with you Bob, I like what I have done previous, but he is looking for something that isn't available to anyone else. I'll keep working on it and see what else I can come up with.

Target-panic 01-21-2011 10:41 PM

I like these, Chunky's I like better. here a thought:

As I looked at the Arizona Flag it is ~50% Blue, >25% Yellow and Red with a Gold Star. So utlizing those proportions from the rings on the shalf, blue 1/2 way toward the nock, then a red, then yellow (these could be alteranting since there are that way on the flag), gold rings separating the colors on the shaft.

BOBSTER 01-22-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Target-panic (Post 23219)
I like these, Chunky's I like better. here a thought:

As I looked at the Arizona Flag it is ~50% Blue, >25% Yellow and Red with a Gold Star. So utlizing those proportions from the rings on the shalf, blue 1/2 way toward the nock, then a red, then yellow (these could be alteranting since there are that way on the flag), gold rings separating the colors on the shaft.

This is a good idea, now that we know why the colors are being used.
Bob

bountyhunter 01-22-2011 07:15 AM

Thanks, I'll see what I can work up along those lines.

bountyhunter 01-22-2011 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another one I already had in work. It didn't come out as I had invisioned but I'll show it to you anyway. Did get an email from the guy that said I could also make up one with a "Southwest" look so I'm working on something along those lines also.

biggen 01-22-2011 04:59 PM

Like the second one better but would stick with yellow on the shaft and not white and more blue on the fletching!

bountyhunter 01-23-2011 07:39 AM

Thanks for the help, but I think we are going to go in a different direction completely. Something using Flo Orange so it can me seen easily on the targets. I'll be back.