Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   youth hunt w/pictures (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1923)

Ronny 10-26-2008 09:18 PM

youth hunt w/pictures

20 Attachment(s)
First and foremost I want to thank First Point Bowhunters and Mike and Nancy Palmer for making this hunt possible. Next I would like to thank the parents of all the kids that participated in this event.
I must say I was a little nervous because I really wanted this to be a wonderful experience for these kids - as it turned out, I was nervous for nothing, because it was a great event! I truly enjoyed working with this great group of kids. These kids were a pleasure to be around - extremely polite and appreciative, very well-mannered. I think they all had a wonderful time, making lots of new friends and future hunting buddies.
There are a few more people I need to thank: Dena Kana, Tomme Actkinson, Ron Collier, and Steve Gramms, from TTHA. Thanks for all your help!!!!
The hunting was a little tough, but the kids did manage to take 1 buck, 1 javelina, 1 rattlesnack, and lots of rabbits. Thanks everyone - Here are some pics:

txhunter 10-27-2008 09:19 AM

That was truly a great experience. Brent and I were very impressed with the ranch and the organization of this event. We look forward to returning next year. Thanks to all involved.

biggen 10-27-2008 09:49 AM

Great pics!! Sounds like fun was had by all!!

BUFF 10-27-2008 10:55 AM

Congrats to all

right_wing 10-27-2008 11:54 AM

This was a great event! Alot of new friendships made and a great time hunting!

Thanks to everyone involved for including the youth in our sport!

BOBSTER 10-27-2008 10:27 PM

Looks like a lot of fun. I heard a lot of good things. Congrats to those on their bow kills. Bob

LostHawg 10-28-2008 06:44 AM

I swear, that boy's going to have more bow kills by the time he's 12 than I'll have by the time I'm 50!!!

Pat that boy on the back and scruff up his hair for me Txhunter...

Good job on all accounts. ;)

txhunter 10-28-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostHawg (Post 15208)
I swear, that boy's going to have more bow kills by the time he's 12 than I'll have by the time I'm 50!!!

Pat that boy on the back and scruff up his hair for me Txhunter...

Good job on all accounts. ;)

He is ruined now, though. My lease is in East Texas and 99% of the time we don't see deer. But everytime I take him hunting, it seems to be somewhere like this and we have deer in front of us all the time. He never wants to go to our lease. It is going to get expensive having to get a lease in South Texas. ;)

LostHawg 10-28-2008 10:31 AM

Time for that second, third job! :D

Huntinfool 10-28-2008 11:54 AM

We had a great time too. There is hope for this sport with the fine bunch of young men we had in camp. Still can't believe i didn't break anyone's camera.

Killem all 10-28-2008 04:08 PM

Looks like a great time at a great place. I cannot wait until my kiddo is old enough to go.

Chunky 10-28-2008 07:07 PM

We can't thank the Palmer's and First Point enough for the opportunity. I am glad all the hunters had a great time. It looks like it was a blast, I wish I could have been there.

This is the type of event that makes me proud to be part of the organization. Way to go all who helped. Great pics.

Tomme 10-28-2008 08:07 PM

I second Ronny. This was a real quality bunch of kids. I think I heard more, yes sirs, please and thank yous then you hear in most places in a year.

Ronny did a great job running the hunt and the Palmer's were first rate, not just for allowing the hunt on the ranch, but also for the way they hosted it.

Hot4huntin 10-29-2008 04:47 PM

Absolutely awesome!

Congrats to all the successful hunters! It looks like a great time was had by all! Wish the Kana Clan could have been there!

A BIG THANK you to the Palmers for donating the hunts and to the guys that helped organized it!

I was able to read and view most of all the entries and these young gentlemen and one young lady made a real effort to qualify for an entry to this hunt. Kudos to the kiddos and the parents!

Job well done! Like Mark said, it makes me be proud to be part of this great organization!

bowhunter26 11-02-2008 03:58 PM

Very Cool !!!