Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How did every one do this weekend? (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2861)

dajcentex 10-04-2010 05:35 PM

How did every one do this weekend?

I ran into just about every deer in the county on the way to my stand Saturday morning so no luck then. Sunday I had better luck and scored a nice spike.

Did you get one? If not, why?

BOBSTER 10-04-2010 06:06 PM

None here, been awhile since I was up, so when I opened my blind up, there were more black widow spiders than I cared to sit with. So I just set off a bug bomb and closed it back up until next time. We road around and saw a couple pigs, but nothing taken there either. Spent some quality daddy daughter time riding around trying to get her a rabbit. Bob

rtread 10-04-2010 07:18 PM

Congrats on the spike! They are dang sure good eating and you did the herd some good.

The only thing I hunted this weekend was excuses why UT didn't beat OU. I hunted a little for Hilda's in Fredericksburg.....my Garmin took me out to the golf course!
I'm gonna scare a few east Texas whitetails this next weekend. I did get a 7 point mulie out in New Mexico a couple of weeks ago. He was a consolation prize....but a prize none the less.

Walking_Eagle 10-04-2010 07:56 PM

I did great, turned 68, and hoping to see another opening day next year.

recar 10-04-2010 10:18 PM

I saw jack and @!@#. real crazy weekend. I had plenty of pictures on the cameras and then nothin....

biggen 10-05-2010 08:49 AM

Passed on a doe and a 4 1/2 yr old Six!

Shawn D 10-05-2010 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Son got his first pig opening morning!

axisbuck24 10-05-2010 11:49 AM

Shawn D,
Tell your son congrats!!

Batted zero on opening weekend....shot turkey but could not recover.:(

Raleigh 10-06-2010 05:07 AM

Opening Weekend

Well finally got to spend some qaulity time at the new Fredericksburg lease and came home empty handed. Saw some nice animals and passed on a few does. All and all things look very promising.

BOBSTER 10-06-2010 07:45 AM

Shawn D, Congrats to your son. Bob

biggen 10-06-2010 08:19 AM

Very nice Shawn!! Congrats to your son!!

DoubleJ 10-06-2010 07:33 PM

Congrats to your son Shawn. My son and I hunted the farm in Colorado County and saw a few does but the rut has started and the bucks wouldn't leave them alone long enough to get a shot plus it was literally raining acorns!

LostHawg 10-07-2010 12:15 AM

Well, I didn't see anything. I was hunting some thick brush and heard plenty. Heard hogs, squirrels, rabbits, and acorns all around me. I also heard deer, I suspect they were does and a fawn.

My cousin bested me by taking a doe with a near perfect shot opening morning. Muzzys work great off them there speed bows! He hunts one pin and drilled her from about 16 yards. Some good shooting by any account.

I'll start my LSBA pitch here soon and try to get him and his son on our mailing list.

I wonder if I owe Ronny a coke yet...

Congrats to all who were successful.

Widowmaker 10-07-2010 07:00 AM

Covered up in deer,just not the one I was looking for.lol Congrats on the early success fellas-great job!