Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Who's hunting over Thanksgiving? (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3416)

biggen 11-16-2011 08:24 AM

Who's hunting over Thanksgiving?

Headed to the lease tomorrow until Sat. Can't hunt T-day weekend. :(

Ronny 11-16-2011 07:24 PM

My family goes with me Thanksgiving weekend, thats how we have done it for years. We leave on Wednesday afternoon and come home Sunday afternoon.

Death from Above 11-17-2011 08:00 PM

I can be in a stand in 45 minutes from my house.....yeah buddy I'll be hunting!

samsdad1 11-19-2011 04:53 PM

Going to the in-laws in Ballinger for Thanksgiving. Luckily thats where their ranch is :) . We are only shooting does this year, but any day hunting is better than one not. We also have a tradition we started a few years back of making sausage smoking in a 100+ year old smokehouse while drinking a few Wild Turkeys to keep us warm .

biggen 11-20-2011 06:15 AM

Hey Paul, how'd your hunt at Guadalupe State Park go?

biggen 11-20-2011 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got back from the Lease! Shot this guy Friday Evening!!

Attachment 3562

Interesting Story, I got out of the ground blind after dark (no deer) as I was walking out I just glanced up the hill and saw three black dots working their way down. So I just stood there(15 yrds from the feeder) out in the open. They kept coming so I knocked an arrow and just stood there. They came right by me to the feeder and I let arrow fly at the largest black dot. Saw the lighted knock run into the brush then run out and then it fell on the road. I calmed down and took my pack off to find the flashlight and started walking to the lighted knock when I noticed something black IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, yep it was him, he didn't go 40 yrds. I was expecting that usual hour long hands and knee's search in the south Texas brush. Thanks Lord!!

Ronny 11-20-2011 10:26 AM

Nice pig Brad

rtread 11-20-2011 10:44 AM

Nice one, Brad! That's some good shooting right there at dark!

samsdad1 11-21-2011 03:12 PM

Nice Hog Brad

Brad Gudaluped hunt was good, but didn' see much. First had to get drawn; went standby; 10 people - 2 slots. I got lucky and got one of 'em :) . We hunted across the river at the Bauer unit , they had feeders set up, and rickety tripods. You weren't allowed to move from the assigned tripod, which was different than any other draw bowhunt I have been on. Saw several small bucks, and a huge herd of Axis but they never came in range. I think out of six bowhunters, there were two bucks and an aoudad taken. All in all had a fun trip but no shots.

However my son got dawn on a rifle hunt at Walter buck, he took his first buck ( forkhorn ) and a doe . Out of 15 or so kids I think there were 16 deer taken. Was a great time had by all !!

If anyone hasn;t taken advantage of these draw hunts, please do so as the fees do help TPWD somewhat.

biggen 11-23-2011 07:50 AM

OK, I lied, going hunting tonight but I guess technically it isn't Thanksgiving yet!!

BOBSTER 11-23-2011 11:48 AM

We will be heading down sometime tonight. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Bob

slayer 11-23-2011 01:23 PM

Leaving Thursday evening after lunch to the ranch, will be there the rest of the weekend. Hoping big boy makes a mistake this weekend.

rtread 11-23-2011 04:51 PM

I'll be hunting............hunting the couch and the remote.

Good luck everybody and be safe! Happy Thanksgiving.

biggen 11-27-2011 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Peek a boo!!

Attachment 3563

rtread 11-27-2011 08:34 AM

Nice eight!! WTG Brad