Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Magazine (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212)

BUFF 12-13-2007 01:02 PM

New Magazine

My copy came in yesterday. ATTABOY to every one involved. it is the best issue yet.

NDNRoger 12-13-2007 01:56 PM

It does look good! Thanks for all your help, Marty, Dena, Bobby, Steve and Bob!!

With the stories rolling in now, I should be able to get this back on track next month!

Hot4huntin 12-13-2007 03:27 PM

Super great job on the magazine, Roger!! Great contributions by all! Keep up the fantastic job!

BrandonH 12-13-2007 03:41 PM

The new magazine looks good. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but Erica read it from cover to cover the other night when I was on the phone with Dena and said she enjoyed it.

-Brandon

tinman 12-13-2007 04:27 PM

Sounds like a hit, Roger!

Congrats, I am looking forward to getting mine.

timhicks 12-14-2007 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinman (Post 9510)

Me too I cant wait

NDNRoger 12-17-2007 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinman (Post 9510)

I had Dena send me some extras, so if you don't get yours soon....holler. You know it hasn't changed much. Added a few more pages is all. I did have to LOL at my first complaint letter!

BTW....

Got my first Axis yesterday! Young doe but was still as big as the biggest whitetail doe I have gotten! Dragging her 1000 yards accross the field almost killed me! *note to self...need a wheeled cart for Christmas*

BOBSTER 12-17-2007 12:09 PM

Great magazine Roger. And a good photographer can make anything look good.:err: Hi Dena.

NDNRoger 12-17-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBSTER (Post 9541)
Great magazine Roger. And a good photographer can make anything look good.:err: Hi Dena.

Ouch! So you feel up to sleeping on the couch there Bobster? :hammerhead:

Eric4x4 12-17-2007 09:55 PM

Another great job on the magazine, always enoy everyones stories.

tinman 12-18-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

I did have to LOL at my first complaint letter!
Was it the x-bow story or the rifle hunt? ;)

Got mine this week and have enjoyed what I've read so far. BTW, since both of the non-bowhunting stories are about youth hunters who are too young to draw a hunting-weight bow, I hope that neither of these stories were the topic of your first complaint letter...if they were, I really hope that the person(s) doing the complaining has a couple of stories to contribute to the next issue.

Don't feel too bad...it didn't take me long to get my first complaint letter either. :)

NDNRoger 12-19-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinman (Post 9561)
Don't feel too bad...it didn't take me long to get my first complaint letter either. :)

Not losing ANY sleep over it! I am thinking about a "Letters to the Editor" section though. :D

LostHawg 12-26-2007 09:37 AM

I'd love to see a "letters to the editor" section. Maybe get some of the passive members involved.

BOBSTER 12-26-2007 11:22 AM

I visited with David from Santa Fe Archery about writing some articles for the magazine. He seemed real intrested in doing it. I told him it could be about anything from archery tech. articles to his hunting in Africa trips. Roger, maybe contact him and see what he might be willing to do. Here is his email address. davidml01@aol.com and his website. http://www.sfarchery.com/

NDNRoger 12-26-2007 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostHawg (Post 9668)
I'd love to see a "letters to the editor" section. Maybe get some of the passive members involved.

Right now it would be only one letter. LOL But I think it might be a good idea.