Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Big Buck From Nebraska (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1096)

Tomme R. ACtkinson 10-28-2007 05:21 PM

Big Buck From Nebraska

Well the Nebraska hunters have returned (see "Good luck to Nebraska hunters thread). Great time, better memories and we all had opportunities.

Perhaps some of you remember that Buff had posted on the previous thread wishing good luck to "TEAM OLD". You may also remember that Buff and Chunky recently went on a moose hunt, but instead of moose were "skunked". Well I'm happy to report that TEAM OLD has smoked TEAM MOOSE on our out of state hunts. I was lucky enough to arrow a 13 point on the first night and Ronny has rough scored it at 161 and 6/8s.

Pictures to follow. And let me say in my most adult manner Buff. Nyah, Nyah Nee Boo Boo! :p

Graybow 10-28-2007 06:59 PM

Cograts Tomme. Did anybody else score?

BUFF 10-28-2007 07:27 PM

did Ronny hold the light or did you just shoot it in the dark? Congrats to you I'm tickled for you

Bill M 10-28-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUFF (Post 8488)
did Ronny hold the light or did you just shoot it in the dark? Congrats to you I'm tickled for you

rofl

Congrats, can't wait to see the pictures.

Ronny 10-28-2007 08:05 PM

I let him hunt my stand.:booboo:

Chew 10-28-2007 08:44 PM

Congrats! Sounds like a real hoss!

tinman 10-28-2007 10:58 PM

:grandpa::grandpa:...congrats on the deer! :cheers:

Now, get one of your grandkids to help you with the pic already! :D

LostHawg 10-29-2007 07:40 AM

Hey Tomme, welcome home. :congrats: :congrats:

Just one question. Was this like that hunt that the country music dude got his bear on? :hammerhead:

Tomme R. ACtkinson 10-29-2007 08:01 AM

I don't know about the country dude's bear hunt. I haven't seen it. I just know that this was fair chase all the way. 1,000 + acres, all low fenced.

I even had Ronnie and Michael open the pen and remove the ropes first and he'd been off tranquilizers for at least an hour.

For anyone that doesn't know that the above is a joke, then you are probably on the wrong site.

I think Ronnie is planning on posting the pictures this afternoon.

He was a really fine buck and it was a really fine hunt.

LostHawg 10-29-2007 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomme R. ACtkinson (Post 8522)
For anyone that doesn't know that the above is a joke, then you are probably on the wrong site.

My sentiments exactly. ;)

Have ya had a chance to throw some on the skillet yet?

:eat:

I think that dude's name was Montgomry Gentry or something like that.

biggen 10-29-2007 08:52 AM

Tree Stand loner rate has just tripled!!:beating:

Congrats :congrats: and I see they let you ride back :grandpa:to Texas after all!

Hot4huntin 10-29-2007 10:21 AM

Gee, you kill a little deer and get all formal on us! What's up with the Tomme R. ACtkinson?? I guess next we will be having to call you Dr. Actkinson. :rolleyes:

Seriously~Absolutely awesome, Tomme!! Way to go! Can't wait to see the pics! Congrats!

BOBSTER 10-29-2007 01:53 PM

:think:Hum, I'll wait to see the pics before I say anything. I know this guy, would not put it past him to say one thing and it be another. :dancing: Glad yall made it back safely. Congrats on the deer. Bob

Tomme R. ACtkinson 10-29-2007 04:25 PM

Back from my part time teaching job.

I have never learned how to post these on this site. I'll send some to Biggen and Ronnie to post. I'm still on cloud nine and it's been over a week.

Meat is at the processers. This sucker had tenderloins as big as some backstraps. Link sausage and chili meat. MMMMMMMMM.

And as for you ms Hot4Hunting. I love the new site but somehow it closed out my old account and shifted me over. Tell me how to get back.

Oh yeah, Buff, I've solicited the owner of the ranch to take out an ad at the same time the story comes out. He only takes three groups of bowhunters a year. Long way to Nebraska, but well worth it.

Ronny 10-29-2007 06:31 PM

I'll post the pictures later tonight.:blahblah: