Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Glasses? (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=928)

outdoortexan 09-06-2007 11:53 AM

Glasses?

I was just curious about this. I finally broke down and admitted to getting old. Well, kinda. My up close eyes don't work as they once did and I went all out and bought me a pair of 10 dollar specs.

So at what age did y'all, if anyone, finally admit things weren't what they used to be? By the way, I am a little under 44 yrs old.

M.E.B. 09-06-2007 01:11 PM

I got my up close glasses at 46.

Noticed that a lot of other things were past prime well before that.

Nothing else works as well as it did when I was 18 or even 30 when I thought that was old. Getting old sucks. :grandpa:

Had a check up at work yesterday. :eek:

Diet and exercise starts today. :muscle:

I passed up free cookies at lunch today. I love cookies. :tearhair:

outdoortexan 09-06-2007 01:23 PM

So the exercise was walking around the cookie table? lol

I am pretty sure my clothes weren't this tight when I was 25, but I can claim old age loss of memory now.

And of course there is the WOO WOO test for men. I went ahead and done that 2 years ago from the stand point of family history. I don't like being that friendly with ANYONE, much less a doctor. :naughty:

BOBSTER 09-06-2007 01:39 PM

:err:At least I know that I am not the only one. My older brother by a couple of years was asking me if I was having any seeing problems cause he was at this point. I did not have any problems then, but seems like I woke up one day and it had happened to me. I am still fighting from getting the $10.00 glasses though.:(

Bill M 09-06-2007 02:48 PM

I've been wearing bifocals for a number of years, don't remember maybe 10. I'm 53 now. I still have some vanity and wear the no lines kind.

Chunky 09-06-2007 04:23 PM

Last year I could not pass my class 2 medical with out cheaters.....crap!

I find that my long distance vision is getting worse by the day, but still do not have glasses for it yet.

For me it started about 45 and am going down hill fast.

Trailboss 09-06-2007 04:31 PM

I think I was about 12 or 13! :)

Trailboss

wassaw 09-06-2007 05:29 PM

still breaking mine in. 3 weeks now. long distance with bi-focal (no line :))
43 in two months
not sure about wearing them in the woods, it's very disorientating with a lot of trees and sticks. walking threw the woods gave me a headache. i think I'll just wear them for reading and driving. i do like being able to see clearly for along way off with them. before everything at TV distance or better had a fuzzy edge or was just plan foggy. I can read whats coming on next on the preview guide now!!!
at $425 you will not catch me bow-hunting with them, try finding your glasses in the woods after the string grabs them and they launch!!
don't want to talk about my gut, thats all i got to say about that.:)

2Racks 09-07-2007 07:41 AM

Started wearing glasses when I was 20 I believe but switched to contacts when I started bow hunting. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the bow and glasses to work together right! :(

Hitman 09-07-2007 08:04 AM

it was 40 for me!