Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   LSBA members and CHL holders? (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1676)

duck or bleed 06-26-2008 06:30 AM

LSBA members and CHL holders?

Just curious how many LSBA members are also CHL holders. How and how often do you carry? I am patiently awaiting the arival of my CHL, that has been processing since March 14th! I can't wait to strap that Glock to my hip and go to Wal-Mart!:dancing:

Bweger 06-26-2008 10:14 AM

I have my chl and I have a handgun in my vehicle at all times. I only carry on my person when I am in a bad area.

nothinbutwelves 06-26-2008 11:06 AM

be very careful being so eager to cary that glock shooting at someone is nothing like shooting that silouette at the range!and never pull it unless you are willing to use it.i can tell you " trust me here "it will change your life forever you wont be the same so be patient and wise.congratulations as well to you.just remember the old add from amer exp.{ never leave home without it }

COA 06-26-2008 02:53 PM

Chl

:think:I'm just glad we still live in a country where this is possible. If the weapon is on your person, does it have to be concealed or can you actually wear it on your hip being visible?

Ronny 06-26-2008 07:09 PM

I have mine. Always one in the truck and a lot of time in my pocket.:fencing:
Thats good advice nothinbutwelves.:D
I was told concealed so thats what i do.:hello:

biggen 06-26-2008 10:49 PM

I thought you didn't need a chl to carry a gun in your vehicle?

nothinbutwelves 06-27-2008 09:19 AM

concealed in truck

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggen (Post 13228)
I thought you didn't need a chl to carry a gun in your vehicle?

the castle law allows you to cary concealed any where you can legally be.but if you are caught a law enforcement officer can arrest you and take your gun without a concealed lic.it will be up to a judge to say whether you were within the protection of the castle law.a peace officer cant interpret the law only a judge a peace officer enforces the law and if you have a gun on you or in your car you could go to jail you may get out without any charges but you will pay for your car to be towed as well as stored and you may not get your gun back especially right away.without a c.c.lic keep em in a case separate from ammo for pure peace of mind from the law.it is a very grey area right now without a c.c.lic.no matter what you are on the way to the gun range or the deer lease right.L.O.L.

BUFF 06-27-2008 11:38 AM

If I have on cloths.... I have a gun in my pocket

River Bottom Hunter 06-27-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUFF (Post 13239)
If I have on cloths.... I have a gun in my pocket

What Buff Said. Always with me.:fencing:

Huntinfool 06-27-2008 06:36 PM

My wife and I have taken the class and passed, just need to send in the applications.

yleecoyote23 06-29-2008 07:53 PM

Yep, I have mine and yep I'm carryin'.....like BUFF said "if I have clothes on, I have a gun in my pocket" ..... or inside my waistband.... :)

DoubleJ 06-30-2008 06:26 AM

Yep I've had a CHL since they began issuing them. The bad guy will just have to guess if I'm carryin' or not. In the words of Dirty Harry, "Do ya feel lucky?"

duck or bleed 06-30-2008 06:36 AM

What do you all carry?

Ronny 06-30-2008 04:34 PM

I was carring a 45 but now I've got a little 380. I can dump a clip before quick gets ready. :muscle:

proforce99 06-30-2008 08:19 PM

Thanks to G.W. Bush and the Justices he appointed to the Supreme Court, we won a big battle in D.C. with the handgun ban there being declared Unconstitutional. Maybe there is hope for our country yet.