Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   JAKES event (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3475)

outdoortexan 02-16-2012 11:35 AM

JAKES event

I brought this up last year but got sidetracked with other activities. Our new chapter of the NWTF up in San Jacinto co. is planning a JAKES event. The date we have picked out and are waiting approval on is April 28th. I am looking for an archery set up and people to run it for the day. Any ideas?

I am also looking for items to give away as prizes or grab bag stuffers. Looking for items for raffles also. Any help is greatly appreciated as nothing like this has ever been done in our area.

Curtis

BOBSTER 02-16-2012 05:38 PM

You might have to contact the Region Reps to see if they can do this event. Not sure what they have on their plate so far this year. The new EC is having their first meeting on Saturday. Would be a good time to get them the info.
Bob

skeeter 02-28-2012 11:45 PM

Where exactly in San Jac County?

outdoortexan 02-29-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 26411)
Where exactly in San Jac County?

The event will be held at the fairgrounds in Coldspring on May 12th.

skeeter 02-29-2012 07:09 AM

10-4, thanks.

BOBSTER 03-08-2012 06:22 PM

Outdoortexan since you are having problems with this, I will check my work schedule and see if I can do this and get one of my work partners to help out. He worked that area before, and might be interested. No promises, I have to see what is going on at work though.
Bob

outdoortexan 03-08-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBSTER (Post 26461)
Outdoortexan since you are having problems with this, I will check my work schedule and see if I can do this and get one of my work partners to help out. He worked that area before, and might be interested. No promises, I have to see what is going on at work though.
Bob

No worries Bob. I have a guy that can bring out a NASP setup. I was only asking about the LSBA as, from what I remember, they used 3D. I thought the kids would like that better. Maybe I got no response as I think my LSBA membership has expired. lol

Curtis

BOBSTER 03-08-2012 09:17 PM

Now why would you let your membership expire? Not sure why you recieved no response. Let me know if you need me out there. No need to have both, but NASP would be welcome to help us out if they would like. We do donated a complete NASP setup to a school each year, so I am sure they would love to help out.
Bob Kana
TBRR Chairman

outdoortexan 03-09-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBSTER (Post 26463)
Now why would you let your membership expire? Not sure why you recieved no response. Let me know if you need me out there. No need to have both, but NASP would be welcome to help us out if they would like. We do donated a complete NASP setup to a school each year, so I am sure they would love to help out.
Bob Kana
TBRR Chairman

There is no archery program to speak of up here except a promise of one in 4H. I would like to see it get implemented up here though. The guy I have coming up has a trailer with NASP equipment as far as bows and round targets. That's about all I know about it.