Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Free Hog Hunt on the BAO (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323)

BUFF 01-21-2008 04:18 PM

Free Hog Hunt on the BAO

1 Attachment(s)
I have in my possession a certificate for a FREE one man 2 day hog hunt on the BAO
This hunt must be taken in February 2008
If your a LSBA member and would like to take this hunt:
Please post here and let me know why you should be the one.
I will pick a winner on the 28th of January.

Attachment 437

timhicks 01-21-2008 05:43 PM

I wish I wish.. Buff give this to someone that needs it or has never shot a hog..I would love to tell you the reason's I want to hunt there,,trust me I do..but I can get a hog once in a while..
Alexis could be greaT FOR THIS HUNT..

txhunter 01-21-2008 05:49 PM

I agree with Tim about giving this to someone who deserves it. Maybe someone who doesn't have the opportunity financially to experience a hunt like this.

Thanks for giving someone this opportunity Buff.

DaveS903 01-21-2008 06:11 PM

I am with Tim. I think someone who is trying for their first bow kill needs to go.

I got my first ever bow kill this past weekend and it is an experience I will never forget. I finally understand what Nuge means when talks about the "mystical flight of the arrrow." It is like it is in slow motion! Anyway, if you don't find a worthy person, my 15 year old son might be a good candidate. Our lease is timber company land and in 4 years of trying, he has never even seen a quarry while hunting (bow and rifle) much less taken anything.

Dave S

BUFF 01-21-2008 07:02 PM

dave.... how about a picture of your kill

bustedassranch 01-21-2008 07:32 PM

I have to agree with them..I love hog hunting..more than deer sometimes but this needs to goto someone that does not have a place to hunt them or the money to afford a hog hunt...thanks for the donation to who ever donated it :)

bustedassranch 01-21-2008 07:38 PM

I just seen the prize of the self filmed hunt..thanks Buff

bowhunter26 01-21-2008 10:45 PM

I'll be you huckleberry buff!!!! I love killing pigs my new diamond marquis needs to be broken in. HAHAHA

Sean 01-22-2008 09:34 AM

I would love to go on this hunt because I have been trying for almost 12 years to connect with a hog with my bow. For some of you guys its probally nothing but I have never been able to seal the deal yet with archery equipment. I am also a LSBA member.

MIHunter 01-22-2008 12:41 PM

I'd love it

You see, I've recently moved here from Michigan, because of job related situations. I've been her for 10 months now, and my family just came down after Thanksgiving (They stayed to sell our home, which still has not sold, but enough was enough). This would be an awesome opportunity for my 10yo boy (Who just shot his first deer on December 28th, 8pt), and myself to spend some quality time together, and give him his first crack at a pig. So if it's still available, please consider us.

littlebear 01-22-2008 03:31 PM

please buff, please....i begged on the other awesome sites just figured I needed this one the most :)

Eric4x4 01-22-2008 08:51 PM

I would love to go just to harass John but a youngster or a member of our military should get the prize. That way we all win.

DaveS903 01-23-2008 06:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go Buff. This is the only pic I have. The closest hog is a 135 pound boar taken by a nice young man from Galveston. The other is the 120 pound sow I took. It was a 24 yard shot and she fell over dead without so much as a twich about 25 yards from where I double lunged her.

I used a Muzzy 100 gr. 3-blade and got a complete pass through. I had some Magnus Stingers with bleeder blades but the Muzzys seem to shoot better in my bow so I went with them. I was kind of surprised when I was processing the meat for the freezer to see one of the ribs cut cleanly in half by the broadhead.

Dave S

BUFF 01-23-2008 06:52 AM

Thanks....good looking pigs

DEER KILLER 01-23-2008 07:03 AM

I am going to have to say a youth on this one. I think you should video it to Mr. Buff.