Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   LSBA Pop-up 3-D Shoot BPS, Katy 08/23/09 (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2378)

Hot4huntin 08-05-2009 03:15 PM

LSBA Pop-up 3-D Shoot BPS, Katy 08/23/09

The LSBA will be hosting the Fall Hunting Classic Pop-up 3-D Shoot at BPS in Katy on August 23rd; beginning at 10:00 a.m. to completion. The Pop-up Shoot will be a one day event. Qualifying and practice rounds are 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and finals qualifying round and the finals will begin at 3:30 p.m.

LSBA Members

$20.00 adult
$10.00 Teen (13-16)/Pre-Teen (12-under)
$ 5.00 practice round

Non-Members

$25.00 adult
$15.00 Teen(13-16)/Pre-Teen (12-under)
$ 5.00 Practice round

RULES

Scoring will be based on the animal target rings 12-10-8-5-0.

Shooters will have 15 arrows and will shoot 5 arrows per round.

a) A round will consist of five (5) targets totaling a possible 60 points.

b) A qualifying score will consist of the best (2) separate rounds shot sequentially for a total of ten (10) targets totaling a possible 120 points.

All Qualifying rounds must be shot by 3:00 p.m. Finals will begin at 3:30 p.m. the same day.

There will be 7 Divisions:

a) Advanced
b) Female Bowhunter
c) Female Traditional
d) Male Bowhunter
e) Male Traditional
f) Teen
g) Pre-Teen

A dropped arrow may not be retrieved by anyone during the round at hand. It will be counted as a zero.

Equipment Failure:
a) If a shooter has equipment failure during a round and stops before completing the round, that round will be re-shot.
b) If the shooter completes a round and then discovers equipment failure that round’s score will stand.

Counting the number of 12’s will break all ties. In the case of identical ties, a shoot off round will break those ties.

After all qualifying scores are complete, the top ten shooters will be placed in a bracket format. The bracket format will be as follows:

10 vs 1
9 vs 2
8 vs 3
7 vs 4
6 vs 5

No range finding devices allowed in the shooting area.

Shooter may shoot practice rounds or a fun round for $5.00 with time permitting.

Any unsportsmanlike conduct will result in removal from the shoot and forfeiture of all entry fees.

Prizes to the top 3 winners in each division. Prizes will be BPS gift cards.

For more information, contact Dena Kana at 409 739-2630

Come on out and enjoy the fun!

bountyhunter 08-06-2009 09:03 PM

I'll be at this one come rain or shine!

BOBSTER 08-06-2009 09:06 PM

That is great Derek. You will need to plan to stay until the finals are over this time. We cannot let Brandon win again. Bob

txhunter 08-06-2009 09:55 PM

I have never shot any type of 3d before but I may seriously try to make this. After seeing it at the LSBA Expo it really looks cool.

bountyhunter 08-06-2009 09:58 PM

Bobby the wife is warned so I'm in till the end........though I've seen Brandon shoot and he's good so knocking him off might be tough...;)

Bullrdr82 08-07-2009 02:52 PM

Guys - I got lucky, that is all!!!

I would not say I am good by any means, just got lucky.

I do appreciate the compliments. I will do my best to defend my title.

Hot4huntin 08-07-2009 03:36 PM

Don't rule the girlz out just yet. ;)

Come on out Dustin; it is a blast! Neither Bobby or I shot 3-D prior to shooting in the Pop-up Shoot. Now, we look forward to them. Bring Brent with you. We had a couple Pre-teens and teens that shot at the last event.

biggen 08-08-2009 08:00 AM

Brandon Won?! :err: Dang it must be cold in H#$l. :D
Wish I could make it down to try it just one time!!

bountyhunter 08-08-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot4huntin (Post 18539)
Don't rule the girlz out just yet. ;)

Never, my wife has me trained well........:D

Bullrdr82 08-10-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggen (Post 18540)
Brandon Won?! :err: Dang it must be cold in H#. :D
Wish I could make it down to try it just one time!!

Now Brad, That is not very nice!!!! :D

I would gladly go head to head with you on a pop-up.... :)

bountyhunter 08-10-2009 10:10 PM

Well I got my new carbon arrows finished for my longbow. I was hoping they would be magic and I would become Robin Hood, but alas I'm still just me. Nothing to worry about here Brandon.......:rolleyes:

They do fly really nice almost as nice a my cedar ones. I have to get use to them as they are a little lighter so I'm shooting a little high at 15 and way high at 20. I still have two weeks to get them down......;)

bountyhunter 08-18-2009 06:13 AM

I've talked my wife into coming out and joining us. :) She is still green with her new bow, but is doing a lot better than she thinks. She has decided to shoot a couple of practice rounds then decide from there is she is going to shoot any more. It will be great to get her out with me though I never shoot very well when she is watching.:rolleyes:

Bullrdr82 08-18-2009 08:00 AM

Great Derrick -I am looking forward to meeting her.

I am geared up and ready to go. Only thing I have left is to practice a little bit. My bow does a really good job sitting on the table looking like it knows what to do. :D

Hot4huntin 08-18-2009 11:06 AM

Glad to hear your wife is shooting, Derek! I look forward to meeting her!

DoubleJ 08-19-2009 09:22 AM

I am finally going to be in town so I'll be there and I'm bringing my recurve. Should add to the entertainment value of the event.

bountyhunter 08-25-2009 07:12 AM

My wife (Christy) wanted me to pass along to y'all that she had a great time! I think she is hooked, so I'll have to upgrade my membership to Family here shortly.....;)

I also had a really good time, and it was great to meet some more folks. Also thanks for all the hard work in making an event like this happen. In the future let me know if y'all need any help.

biggen 08-25-2009 08:09 AM

Awesome where there any pictures taken?

BOBSTER 08-25-2009 10:54 AM

Derek, that is great. I am glad that Christy came out and shot with you and enjoyed meeting her. This stuff is addicting for sure. Brad, we took some pics but just have not had time to load and post along with the winners. I was another fun event, and a pretty good turn out. We just ran out of time and had to have the male bowhunters shoot only one round for the finals. Sorry about that, we just ran out of time. Bob

DoubleJ 08-25-2009 07:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics from the shoot. It was a lot of fun and work. It was great to meet folks like Derek and Christy.

redneck82 08-27-2009 07:19 AM

I had fun....even if my shots hit NO WHERE near the targets :)

BOBSTER 08-27-2009 08:24 PM

Brent, if it wasn't for good folks like you and your brother:tongue:, than folks like me could never have a chance to place at these shoots:michael:. It was a lot of fun. Glad you finally made it out to one. Hope I did not scare you off with my great shootinrofl. Bob

BOBSTER 08-27-2009 08:46 PM

11 Attachment(s)
Here are the final standings for the day after the shoot was complete. Sorry to the Male Bowhunter Class that we did not have enough time to shoot three rounds.

Pre Teen
1st Place Dustin Morin
2nd Place Austin Morin

Teen
1st Place Cody Taylor
2nd Place Matthew Grimes
3rd Place Logan Stoelke

Female Trad.
1st Place Christy Herring

Female Bowhunter
1st Place Holly Heinshn
2nd Place Kelli McDonald