Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Grunts and Gobbles Spring Hunt Reservations (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2941)

exit110 12-21-2010 08:13 PM

Sounds like a plan. what exactly are the rules on the piggy. biggest trad kill? this is my first shot at it

kellyg 12-21-2010 08:31 PM

THANK U RECAR!!! To everyone else... (insert raspberry sound here) :)

Tomme 12-22-2010 09:17 PM

Michael, you pay $5 for a chance to win the conrete pig. You're also supposed to sign it so that when I win it, your name will be on the along with that of all the other people I'll beat. Leastwise I'll beat you if I can overcome the "Curse of the Concrete Pig". So far no one who has entered to win it has harvested a hog.

It's supposed to be the biggest hog, and we'll go with field dressed weight on this one. So far a trad kill of 5 lbs would have won (if you had entered). I've had three shots so far and there have been some notable trad guys that have also not had a harvest. Once you enter to win the pig you are cursed and can just figure on going home baconless.

exit110 12-23-2010 01:08 PM

Im in... I will break this curse...

Tomme 12-23-2010 06:24 PM

Ha! I've heard that before. Say, if we're all hunting Indian style with longbows and recurves maybe you should play Cherokee nation, or some other suitable Redskin song.

Death from Above 12-23-2010 08:49 PM

:err:I got a PM saying Tomme was gonna hunt in a loin cloth and mocossins????? Is that some type of G&G tradition?:err:

exit110 12-24-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death from Above (Post 22874)
:err:I got a PM saying Tomme was gonna hunt in a loin cloth and mocossins????? Is that some type of G&G tradition?:err:

Ok first off, never give Tomme an Idea like that. Think about Tomme in a loin cloth, thats all I gotta say... Second, there are lots of G&G traditions Tomme can teach you. Just come by his camp around 10pm. But for Gods sake don't mention the loin cloth thing to him...

slayer 12-24-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit110 (Post 22882)
Ok first off, never give Tomme an Idea like that. Think about Tomme in a loin cloth, thats all I gotta say... Second, there are lots of G&G traditions Tomme can teach you. Just come by his camp around 10pm. But for Gods sake don't mention the loin cloth thing to him...

Loin Cloth???? Yep, lets not mention that to Tomme. I'm in on the concrete pig, never shot an animal with a recurve, good time to start trying.:cheers:

Tomme 12-24-2010 07:05 PM

HAVE LOIN CLOTH WILL TRAVELl!

Say does anyone have some extra camo grease paint? My belly hasn't been getting much sun this winter.

Oh yeah, and has anyone seen loin cloth suspenders for sale anyplace? Since I've attained a perfect egg shape, belts have a tendency to head south along with whatever I'm wearing.

dhoneycutt 12-28-2010 10:52 AM

I missed it last year so I will be there this year.

DoubleB20 12-28-2010 01:21 PM

OK, looks like I need to do some sweet talkin to my wife. I'm only a trad shooter so I'll be the winner of that concrete pig...

I don't have loin cloth, but I bet I could come up with suitable sub. Maybe another side bet could be made...best "natural" hunting attire. Well, maybe after appropriate amounts of Crown Black have been consumed.

Tomme 12-28-2010 09:57 PM

Let's not have too much "natural" attire. It's already a FULL MOON weekend, and we don't give out beads on this parade.

Now I as my usual noble self in a Loincloth. How awesome could that be?

slayer 12-29-2010 08:06 AM

both of you are scaring me. . .:muscle:

Tomme 12-29-2010 07:57 PM

dhonneycutt, got your message and I've got you down for five spots, pending the deposit. Don't let Ronny make you wear the small pink t-shirt.

dhoneycutt 12-30-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomme (Post 22953)
dhonneycutt, got your message and I've got you down for five spots, pending the deposit. Don't let Ronny make you wear the small pink t-shirt.

Im in search of a pink loin cloth to go with it just so i can hang with you.