PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Editor needed for 2008...

tinman
07-13-2007, 10:16 PM
To all LSBA Members;

I gave this notice to Bob and the current EC last week but also wanted to be the first to inform you all that I'm taking a management position with a new company (starting next week) and will be spending about 50-60 hours a week at work. I'm afraid that this isn't going to leave me enough time to keep up with the responsibility of serving as magazine Editor after the Fall 2007 issue.

Roger and I are working together on the Summer issue now and hopefully we will be able to retain his help on the FALL '07 issue but we really need to find someone(s) to carry the torch into 2008.

I will remain involved with the LSBA as time permits and will always be available by cell phone and willing to help the new Editor with anything from answering questions to contributing stories as needed...I just don't think I'll be able to handle my new position and the work load of being your Editor.

Please post here or contact me or Bob Wright if you might be interested in taking on the task. I'd like to have someone in place so they might be able to help with the Fall '07 issue and get a little on-the-job training. I will be training in Phoenix, AZ next week and may not have internet access but will be available on my cell phone in the evenings.

c# 469-360-9626
lsba_editor@yahoo.com

Thanks to Tomme, Bob, all the EC members that I have served with and to our membership for allowing me to serve in this role for the last couple of years.

LostHawg
07-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Joey
you've done wonders for the mag. Gonna be hard for someone to fill your shoes.

Congrats on the new position. That's just outstanding. ;)

Linedawg
07-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks for all your hard work Joey. Filling yours and Rogers shoes will be no easy task.

NDNRoger
08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Joey,

Thanks for letting be be a small part in making the improvements to this magazine the last 2 years! I believe the improvements played a small part in membership growth. :cheers: You have been by far the best Editor I have seen in my short bowhunting life! :D

With that being said, I was going to have to bail myself and allow someone else to take the design and layout job. I was hoping someone with much greater skills than me would volunteer, but as yet no one has.

So...

I have been :think: about this for weeks. I will take the Editor job if the EC ok's it. Or for at least as long as it takes to find someone with much greater skills. :grandpa:

I have gotten faster at putting the layout and cover page together. Much faster! However.....

Not sure if you will read these as conditions or what? :devil:

I will require the assistance of the Associate Editors big time. i.e. editing stories for spelling and grammer, gathering photos for the cover page etc.
I will not be able to be as involved as Joey has been in things like interviews. Another Associate Editor's job?
I will make all EC meetings I can.
I will need someone to keep track of the Ad space. i.e. what Ad goes where and which ones are coming out etc.
Same with the LSBA flyers and such.

I guess that is about it.

Please let me know ASAP what ya'll decide.
Thanks!
Roger

BOBSTER
08-23-2007, 03:26 PM
NDNRoger, glad to hear you are staying on. You and Joey have done an outstanding job with the magazine. Dena ask me all of the time if I could do what either you or Joey do, and I have to just sit back and laugh. I cannot get anything right even with spell check and grammer. Thank you Roger and Joey for putting the magazine together. Bob

NDNRoger
08-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks Bob! Its really not that hard with the right software. But its taken me this long to learn the short cuts! LOL

Lets wait to hear what the EC has to say first. They may have someone in mind.

LostHawg
08-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I can help some.... :err:

NDNRoger
08-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Kewl! Thanks Mr Cannon!

txhunter
08-23-2007, 06:56 PM
I know that ya'll don't know me very well, but I can also help with some of the computer related issues. I don't know how LSBA does things with their magazine but I will be happy to offer a hand.

LostHawg
08-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Rog, I'm thinking spelling and grammar. I can also type up hard copy stuff to word docs.

NDNRoger
08-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Perfect! That will help!

Hot4huntin
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Okay, Bobster, maybe it wasn't the best idea that I have had, but you didn't have to roll your eyes at me! :rolleyes: A conservation/law enforcement column would be way cool in the magazine though. I'm sure you are right, your many talents probably can be better utilized somewhere else in the organization.

That is great news, Roger! You and Joey have done an excellent job with the magazine! I am glad to hear that you will continue to put together a quality magazine. Thanks for offering to help out Tracy! That Txhunter dude is a computer guru, so put him to work! It sounds like you will have help Roger! I can do flyers of upcoming events and I think Buff has the ad department under control.

NDNRoger
08-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks Dena! Let see what Bob and the EC have to say.