PDA

View Full Version : I wish Tred Barta would take up Golf

BUFF
02-02-2007, 09:33 PM
I just watched him take a shot at a Goat thru a tree. He missed as there was lots of trash in the way. Then he took a shot at another facing straight away from him and he just cliped it on the leg. He puts us all in a bad light with his fling and hope shooting...JMO

Birddog
02-03-2007, 10:51 PM
He has allso disapointed me greatly. When I first watched his show I thought he might be OK. But I have since changed my mind. He takes shoots that should not be taken. And then just say's thats the BARTA way. The hard way.. Some day he may figure out it's just the wrong way~!~!~!~!

DEER KILLER
02-04-2007, 05:54 AM
This guy is terrible. Just someone with some money that can have his own show. He doesn't give archery hunters a bad name. He gives all hunters a bad name. He ain't da man. I wanted to kick him in the balls when I saw him at the shot show.
Kyle Scott

Frontloader
02-04-2007, 04:59 PM
I have to agree with the previous posts.

I have never seen any of his shows or him in action. I heard him on a radio talk show one time and he sounded like a good representative for hunting and other outdoor activites. However, after reading posts about his hunting ethics (mainly shots taken at game), I have to condone his actions and agree with everyone. He does not represent us well at all.

Chunky
02-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Ol Tred knows how to say the right thing, he just doesn't always demonstrate it with his actions.

As far as the goat show, I too watched it. On that shot by the tree, it looked to me like the arrow angle and the camera angle were very different. I don't know if that was an ethical shot or not.

On the plus side, he never picks up a rifle just because the hunting gets hard and plenty of his shows end with no kill. While he has done some very questionable things, and his ego is huge, it does seem like his shows are more about the hunt than the harvest.

I wish we had more trad guys on TV, but enjoying the outdoors and sitting quietly without taking a shot doesn't make for very exciting viewing.

LostHawg
02-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Sounds like he doesn't shoot good enough to have any or many kills.

Never watched his show personally. Don't intend to either.

tinman
02-07-2007, 12:09 AM
I like Tred!

After shooting with you and Chunky, it feels good to see someone I can out shoot! :lol:

LostHawg
02-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Well, you'll probably get to see another here in a couple days Joey. :?

firestopper
02-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah, at first I liked him because of his glass half full outlook on different hunting situations. But when he starts taking risky/ senseless shots he loses me too. It's getting old.