PDA

View Full Version : Brushy Hills Ranch

Birddog
12-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Can anyone tell me about the ranch that the Grunts & Globblers hunt is on this year. I am thinking of going but would like some info on the ranch.

How much land?

Is there a good camping area? ect....

I did not see the thread about this before I wrote this one sorry. I would have just asked these questions there.......I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other..LOL

Tomme
12-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Birddog I'll try. Brushy Hills is a 13,000 acre low fenced ranch. It's split over four pastures and there is a bunkhouse or converted old ranch house to use for a bunkhouse in three of the four pastures. Terrain is mainly brush but there are some large oak trees in some pastures along creeks and especially in the river pasture. Roads are pretty good and the terrain in general is not rough (i.e., not hilly or rocky). One exception is Pilot Knob which is the lone big hill in the area. Roads are ok for two wheel drive under most conditions, though if there is a heavy rain, there are some ranch roads that you can get stuck on.

They run an evening feed route through three of the pastures and have feeders as well. Pete Denney is one of the nicest most laid back ranchers I've ever met.

What else would you like to know?

Birddog
12-27-2006, 10:48 PM
How do I get there from the DFW area and how many deposits have been sent ?

And whats the deal with the concreat pig??

bowjunkie
12-28-2006, 07:47 AM
www.sabinalchamber.com/denney.html

There ya go. Hope you can make it.

nutt89
12-28-2006, 07:59 PM
how many people are signed up to go so far

NUTT

Tomme
12-28-2006, 11:12 PM
There are only seven who have officially sent in their deposits.

I have gotten a lot of calls though :D and there seems to be a lot of interest in the hunt, so don't wait too long. :(

LostHawg
12-29-2006, 07:59 AM
The Brushy Hills ranch is an awesome hunt. Had I not made prior plans, I'd be on this one. If you hunt the hog heaven pasture I'd recommend hunting the corner farthest from the cabin. There's a tank back there and I saw a hog that looked like it'd run about 350, maybe 400 pounds. Big black one. I tried to put the sneak on it, but the wind was playing wrong and he got in the brush before I could get within bow range. Dense, thick, gnarly brush too. Love it!!! Big hog!! I'm ready to go back. ;)

Birddog
12-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Thank's for the link bowjunkie, and thank's for all the info guy's. If I can swing it I'll come.Sounds like a great time........

gmherps
12-29-2006, 11:09 PM
There are only seven who have officially sent in their deposits.

I have gotten a lot of calls though :D and there seems to be a lot of interest in the hunt, so don't wait too long. :(

8, I mailed mine this morning Tom