PDA

View Full Version : Compound Let-Off Restrictions

walking eagle
12-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Pope & Young Club has officially voted to drop the 65% let-off ruling. Effective January 1, 2004, all entries accepted that excede the 65% will be listed with an astrick (*) beside it. This will be retroactive.
I will propose that the TBBR follow suit in it's record keeping.
Ron

bowjunkie
12-03-2003, 03:42 PM
The LSBA has already adopted a By-Law change to increase harvest submissions from 65 to 80% as of two years ago. If you are seeking to have those entries above 65% denoted with an asterisk*, be mindful that it may entail having a membership vote again....not sure if it would require an actual By-Law Change Vote or simply a vore by council to adopt a procedural change.

Ron,

Thanks for all the hard work in getting the forms put up on the site and your involvement in the TBBR. You are very actively involved from what I see in just the short time you assumed the responsibilitites. Several people have commented to me the positive changes in the TBBR since you took it over....the main ones being your accessibility and great communication skills. Those that serve/have served on Council rarely get a slap on the back.....here's a big "Atta Boy" for ya :D

walking eagle
12-03-2003, 04:43 PM
Bowjunkie, thanks for the kudos, Yes, to make any major changes requires that most anything I do is approved by the EC. What my intentions are with this is to totally remove the let-off restrictions. I personally have no problem if you want to use a bow with a 100% let-off. As I have stated before, if you don't have the hunting skills to put yourself in the window of opportuntity for a critter, the bow ain't gonna make a hill of beans as far as the outcome. i personally have shot a stick bow for over 40 years, and during that time Iused a compound for about 8 years. From my experience, my hats off to the compound shooter, cause you have to a machine to use one. My old Bob Lee is much more forgiving. Sorry, you got me on my soap box, back to the subject at hand. Any changes that I have approved and make will have no bearing on present, past or future entries, and I don't intend to fill up the record book with astericks.
Ron