PDA

View Full Version : instinctive works

BUFF
10-22-2006, 09:33 AM
I was walking into my double bull when I heard the hogs already at the feeder. I slipped into the blind and setup my gear as quietly as I could . Which meant it sounded like another hog was tearing the blind down . I figured they would leave from all the ruckus but hoped they would return when the feeder went off at day light. Much to my surprise they just kept right on feeding as I opened the window and raised the screen. It was still an hour before sunrise and no moon so it was as black dark as my ex-wife's heart but they were smacking away on the corn that had been buried in the mud. As my eyes became adjusted I could make out the silhouettes of several of the hogs, one was considerably bigger than the rest and I tried to keep track of her. to her great misfortune she made the mistake of letting herself get outlined against a cactus. I could make out the vee of her front legs as she stood broadside not 10 yards from me. concentrating on that detail I moved up and back a little and let the Zephyer tipped shaft slip away. I watched as the Lumenok zipped through the dark and smacked her tight behind the shoulder. Pigs scattered everywhere and I lost track of her in an instant. I sat in the blind until 10:00 am hoping for more action but nothing came in. When I stepped out of the blind I was surprised to find the big sow laying 15 yards from the feeder with the arrow sticking up like a flag. well at least that explained why nothing had shown up. I had spent 3-1/2 hours hunting over a dead hog. a short video http://www.buffsblackwidow.com/videos/dark%20hog.wmv

BOBSTER
10-22-2006, 02:10 PM
BUFF, Congrats on the hog and a great story to go along with it, ("black dark as my ex-wife's heart") :shock: . Bob

Tomme
10-22-2006, 10:02 PM
I also enjoyed the story and the former wife comment. Congratulations.

2050z
10-23-2006, 06:33 AM
Way to go Buff!!! More pork the grill.

Hot4huntin
10-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Congrats on the sow, Marty!!! Great story!!

bowjunkie
10-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Congrats on the pig and thanks for the story and laughs 8)

Linedawg
10-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Way to stick 'em with a stick Marty!

Tomme
10-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Marty, you should have had faith. Remember the good book says

As you sow, so shall you reap.

You certainly ripped the sow.

Chew
10-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Dang that broadhead did a # on that sow. Nice shootin'. Congrats Buff.

LostHawg
10-27-2006, 08:20 AM
Marty, all that meat you're putting on the floor, you should invite us ALL over for BBQ. :lol:

Tomme
10-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Sounds good to me. So what time is supper?

BUFF
01-24-2007, 06:31 PM
here is the picture
http://buffsblackwidow.com/images/buffhog33.JPG

roger
01-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Nice pic and piggie Marty. I especially like the dedicated way you carefully darkened your hands so they wouldn't shine or stand out and take away from the shiny bling on your finger and wrist! :shock: :lol: :P

LostHawg
01-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Nice pic and piggie Marty. I especially like the dedicated way you carefully darkened your hands so they wouldn't shine or stand out and take away from the shiny bling on your finger and wrist! :shock: :lol: :P

That's funny!!!!!!

bustedassranch
01-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I fell out on that 1...thanks for the laugh

congrats on the pig

BUFF
01-25-2007, 09:33 PM

I'm speechless :lol: